Quality • Value • Ethics • Results
For nearly 40 years, GBB has helped clients solve complex solid waste management issues by providing innovative, responsible, sustainable and economical strategies and solutions for the benefit of communities and the environment.
In the news
In Waste Today, Ricky Phillips shares 3 professional/personal resolutions she created for herself with inspiration from communities that are proactively working to find solid waste management solutions to navigate challenges and mitigate risk in the future.READ MORE »
GBB Senior Project Engineer Brad Kelley is interviewed in a Recycling Today feature on how some municipalities respond to the challenges associated with recycling by scaling back acceptable recyclables, while some states invest in end market development for recyclables.READ MORE »
Listen to this 30-minute interview with Megan Smalley, from Recycling Today, where GBB VP Jennifer Porter talks about her passion for sustainability, her career path, some key projects she is working on, and waste and recycling industry trends to watch for:
The Solid Waste Association of North America awarded Harvey Gershman, GBB Founder Owner Associate and Co-Founder, the prestigious 2019 Lawrence Lecture Award at WASTECON.
- SWANA’s Press Release
- See his Lawrence Lecture presentation (PDF file)
- Video interview (3 minutes) about his career, SWANA, and the Lawrence Lecture Award
In a 2008 Court Order, U.S. District Court Judge Frances M. Tydingco-Gatewood appointed GBB to be Receiver with full responsibility for bringing the Guam Solid Waste Management Division into compliance with the 2004 Consent Decree for violation of the Clean Water Act.
On April 29, 2019 the Court issued an Order partially ending the Receivership. In making this decision, the Court said:
“The court is very proud of the work accomplished by the Receiver over the last 11 years. The Ordot Dump has been closed, and the Receiver has installed the necessary systems to protect Guam’s waters from this environmental hazard that had plagued the island for decades. The Receiver has built a modern solid waste system for the island which includes a compliant solid waste landfill, a recycling program and a household hazardous waste disposal center.”
The Court authorized the Receiver to continue its work to complete the post-closure plan for the Ordot Dump. Click here for information about the Receivership.READ MORE »
- Associations and Authorities »
- Business & Corporate Programs »
- Business Development & Market Research »
- Circular Economy / Sustainable Park Development »
- Collection & Route Optimization »
- Commercial & Industrial Recycling »
- Composting »
- Construction Waste and Demolition Debris »
- Disaster Debris Management »
- District Energy Systems »
- Expert Witness »
- Full Cost Management »
- Landfill Services »
- Litter Surveys »
- Materials Recovery Facilities »
- Procurement Assistance »
- Public Outreach & Education »
- Residential Recycling »
- Revenue and Rate Strategies »
- Strategic Solid Waste Management Planning »
- Tires Recycling »
- Transfer Station & Disposal »
- Waste-to-Energy & Alternative Technologies »
Newsletter and Recent GBB Articles
- GBB Waste Outlook Newsletter - Fall 2019 Edition
- Ricky Phillips: "2020 Resolutions: Challenge Limits, Don’t Limit Challenges"
- Corinne Rico: "Think Twice Before Hitting the Checkout Aisle This Holiday Season"
- Ashlea Smith: "Back to Basics with Recycling Education" See more articles
To save and share the best of everything you see here, download the PDF version of GBB's corporate brochure.