Quality • Value • Ethics • Results
For over 40 years, GBB has helped clients solve complex solid waste management issues by providing innovative, responsible, sustainable and economical strategies and solutions for the benefit of communities and the environment!
In the news
Do you want to be on the front lines as a solid waste management consultant – solving problems and lending your expertise to benefit the environment and build great communities? We are currently looking for solid waste management professionals interested in joining our dynamic and entrepreneurial team for the following positions:
- Senior Consultant
- Senior Consultant – Building Design & Construction Waste/Circular Materials Management
- Consultant II
- Consultant I
- Part-Time Technical Editor & Marketing/Graphics Coordinator
- Intern – Solid Waste Management Consulting and/or Engineering
In Waste Today, Jennifer Porter (GBB Vice President), Eugenia Manwelyan (GBB Senior Consultant) and Page Davis (GBB Consultant I) reflect on a recent Executive Order and provide three tactics to consider regarding how to continue the push toward greater equity and inclusion.READ MORE »
The Solid Waste Association of North America awarded Harvey Gershman, GBB Founder Owner Associate and Co-Founder, the prestigious 2019 Lawrence Lecture Award at WASTECON.
- SWANA’s Press Release
- See his Lawrence Lecture presentation (PDF file)
- Video interview (3 minutes) about his career, SWANA, and the Lawrence Lecture Award
Kent County, MI has set a bold goal to divert 90% of County-generated trash that goes to landfills by 2030 and building a Sustainable Business Park is an essential part of reaching that goal. GBB is a proud Planning Partner of this project! Click here for more information and regularly updated links to the latest news and information about the park.READ MORE »
In a 2008 Court Order, GBB was appointed as Receiver with full responsibility for bringing the Guam Solid Waste Management Division into compliance with the 2004 Consent Decree for violation of the Clean Water Act. In April 2019, the Court issued an Order partially ending the Receivership. In making this decision, the Court said:
“The court is very proud of the work accomplished by the Receiver over the last 11 years. The Ordot Dump has been closed, and the Receiver has installed the necessary systems to protect Guam’s waters from this environmental hazard that had plagued the island for decades. The Receiver has built a modern solid waste system for the island which includes a compliant solid waste landfill, a recycling program and a household hazardous waste disposal center.” Click here for information about the Receivership.READ MORE »
- Strategic Solid Waste Management & Planning »
- Technical Evaluation & Planning »
- Business & Financial Planning »
- Sustainability »
- Collection & Route Optimization »
- System Administration & Receivership »
- Expert Witness »
GBB Remains OpenDespite serious interruptions to the business community, GBB remains available for your solid waste management planning needs during this difficult time. While we must comply with local regulations and abide by travel restrictions, we continue to serve our clients remotely. As a company, we have access to most virtual meeting platforms and are accustomed to teleworking. In fact, most of the consulting services we regularly provide are completed remotely. Be well, stay safe, and keep in touch.
Read More »
Newsletter and Recent GBB Articles
- GBB Waste Outlook Newsletter
- Jennifer Porter, Eugenia Manwelyan and Paide Davis: "Nothing for Us Without Us: Furthering Equity and Justice in the Solid Waste Sector"
- Corinne Rico: "A Fresh-Baked Perspective (Doughnut Economics)"
- Corinne Rico, Ricky Phillips and Ashlea Smith: "A Welcome Letter to the Next Administration"
- See more GBB articles