Quality • Value • Ethics • Results
Celebrating 40 years of helping clients solve complex solid waste management issues by providing innovative, responsible, sustainable and economical strategies and solutions for the benefit of communities and the environment!
In the news
The industry accounted for just 2% of the GHG emissions in the U.S. in 2018. But it only includes emissions from landfills, wastewater treatment, and composting. Corinne Rico paints a more complete picture and suggests a full-cost accounting approach to capture the true impact of the industry on climate change.READ MORE »
RFP issued internationally to help identify an anchor tenant at its Sustainable Business Park in West Michigan and to help the region meet its landfill diversion goals.READ MORE »
As it commemorates its 30-year anniversary, MSW Management magazine honors 30 professionals who have made significant contribution to the advancement of the solid waste management industry during the past 30 years with MSW Legacy Awards. Congratulations to Harvey Gershman, GBB Founder Owner Associate & Co-Founder, who was presented with the award!READ MORE »
In a 2008 Court Order, GBB was appointed as Receiver with full responsibility for bringing the Guam Solid Waste Management Division into compliance with the 2004 Consent Decree for violation of the Clean Water Act. In April 2019, the Court issued an Order partially ending the Receivership. In making this decision, the Court said:
“The court is very proud of the work accomplished by the Receiver over the last 11 years. The Ordot Dump has been closed, and the Receiver has installed the necessary systems to protect Guam’s waters from this environmental hazard that had plagued the island for decades. The Receiver has built a modern solid waste system for the island which includes a compliant solid waste landfill, a recycling program and a household hazardous waste disposal center.” Click here for information about the Receivership.READ MORE »
- Associations and Authorities »
- Business & Corporate Programs »
- Business Development & Market Research »
- Circular Economy / Sustainable Park Development »
- Collection & Route Optimization »
- Commercial & Industrial Recycling »
- Composting »
- Construction Waste and Demolition Debris »
- Disaster Debris Management »
- District Energy Systems »
- Expert Witness »
- Full Cost Management »
- Landfill Services »
- Litter Surveys »
- Materials Recovery Facilities »
- Procurement Assistance »
- Public Outreach & Education »
- Residential Recycling »
- Revenue and Rate Strategies »
- Strategic Solid Waste Management Planning »
- Tires Recycling »
- Transfer Station & Disposal »
- Waste-to-Energy & Alternative Technologies »
Newsletter and Recent GBB Articles
- GBB Waste Outlook Newsletter
- Corinne Rico: "Our Industry’s True Impact on Climate Change"
- Jennifer Porter: "Solid Waste in the Age of Resilience"
- Brad Kelley, BSME: "Conversion Technologies and the Needs of Front-end Processing Systems"
To save and share the best of everything you see here, download the PDF version of GBB's corporate brochure.