Procurement Assistance for Long-Term Waste Recycling and Disposal System (City of Cleveland, Ohio)
GBB, in association with subcontractor GT Environmental, Inc., was selected by the City of Cleveland to provide solid waste management consulting services to support the City during a procurement process for long-term waste recycling and disposal system. As part of the assignment, the GBB Project Team was tasked to define the proposed system, to include:
- Waste stream quantities and characteristics;
- Waste collection system;
- Existing and proposed waste reduction and recycling programs;
- Site(s) available for a proposed system;
- Acceptable technologies and approaches;
- Performance standards; and,
- Ownership options.
The team was also tasked to develop a Request for Proposals, participate in the procurement process, evaluate proposals, and provide assistance during contract negotiations.