Technical Editor & Marketing/Graphics Coordinator (Part-Time)
Title: Technical Editor & Marketing/Graphics Coordinator (Part-Time)
This position begins as part-time and can grow into full-time as the workload demands and depending on the availability of the candidate.
Reports to: Marketing Manager or other designated manager
Location: This is a position for work to be performed from either:
- A home office anywhere in the United States
- GBB’s headquarters in McLean, VA, in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
Note that GBB staff are currently primarily working virtually, from home offices, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is unknown when we will resume working at our headquarters again.
The primary objective of the Technical Editor & Marketing/Graphics Coordinator is to support all company activities relating to Marketing and Professional Consulting Services, including Direct Marketing (e.g., proposals, presentations to potential clients) and Indirect Marketing (e.g., articles, coordination for attending conferences) and development of professional consulting services deliverables and outputs. Other duties may be assigned based on the interests and capabilities of the candidate. An interest in recycling and municipal solid waste management strategy would be favorable.
Under direction of the Marketing Manager, Officers, and Project Managers (PM), the successful candidate will generate required graphics materials, provide technical editing, and support coordination of the preparation of proposals, presentation materials, professional consulting reports, and support the Marketing Manager in tracking of proposals and marketing activities as requested such as:
- Assist with preparation, finalization, and submission of qualification packages, proposals, and presentation booklets in a timely manner:
- Pull scopes from old proposals for use by Project Managers;
- Develop/Review/Edit graphic and written content received from coworkers and Proposal Team members for clarity and compliance with RFPs;
- Provide support in the printing and shipping of proposals as needed;
- Coordinate other document submissions at direction of the Marketing Manager, GBB staff, and subcontractors;
- Support coordination of publications/graphics schedules with the Marketing Manager;
- Support the Marketing Manager to organize and coordinate conferences or seminars/webinars which GBB hosts or attends;
- Assist the Marketing Manager with organizing occasional photoshoots and analyzing and cataloging photo assets afterwards
- Support the Marketing Manager and Marketing Associate plan advertising campaigns, such as social media campaigns, email campaigns, print campaigns, and webinars;
- Support the Marketing Manager develop and plan updates to the company website;
- Support the Marketing Manager by reviewing press releases and other special mass communications.
- Assist in coordination of meetings, as assigned;
- Review final documents as assigned from GBB staff as part of quality assurance/quality control; and
- Support the Marketing Manager by keeping GBB’s mailing list up to date in Constant Contact.
Perform proposal tracking activities as assigned, which may include:
- Supporting the Marketing Manager as assigned with follow-up communications on outstanding proposals;
- Supporting the Marketing Manager develop occasional status reports by providing data as needed;
Pursuing, or having graduated with, a BS/BA degree in Marketing, English, Graphics Design, Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, or other related disciplines. Having a GPA of 3.4 or better is a significant plus.
Two years of progressively responsible experience for supporting the content development process for graphic and print aspects of proposals, professional reports, and digital marketing including graphics, writing, reviewing/editing to ensure accuracy and adherence to corporate document production requirements for marketing and professional services outputs. Must have demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.Must be experienced (2+ years preferred) in the use of Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ideally would have a working knowledge of Adobe programs: InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Spark, and Illustrator.Must demonstrate familiarity with online social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and must be familiar with online research and must be comfortable with working virtually (particularly during the national pandemic) and within office settings.An ideal candidate will have:
- Graphic design experience (2+ years preferred) and an appreciation for graphics standards and have a willingness to work with GBB staff to improve the overall presentation of marketing and project materials; and
- Knowledge of webinar software, such as GoToWebinar or others; email marketing software, such as Constant Contact or others; and Customer Resource Management (CRM) software, such as Deltek.
- Relevant Skills:
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple project assignments of varying complexity and urgency
- Excellent copywriting and editorial skills
- Possess strong attention-to-detail initiative and self-motivation;
- Have strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills; and
- Have the demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams;
- Comply with GBB’s policies and procedures, including submission of administrative reports, timesheets, and other company-required documents and forms on a timely basis.
- Travel or work offsite, as needed, to perform assignments.
Each staff person will normally be evaluated yearly on the following factors, as applicable, including:
- Job knowledge;
- Quality of work products;
- Cost consciousness/budget administration;
- Continuing Education
- Planning/ability to meet deadlines;
- Problem solving;
- Communication skills;
- Initiative/creativity; and
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to Allyson Del Rosario at GBBcareers@gbbinc.com
No phone calls please.
Criminal Background Checks will be conducted for all positions.
* Note: Positions in this category are limited based upon job availability and are subject to change and different duties may be assigned, as needed. The job description is intended to provide guidance for employees and managers, however, placement of any individual within a particular job is a managerial function and will be determined by GBB Management based upon their overall assessment of the need to maintain the efficiency of operations and to determine the personnel, methods, means, and facilities by which all operations are conducted.