Quality • Value • Ethics • Results
For nearly 40 years, GBB has helped clients solve complex solid waste management issues by providing innovative, responsible, sustainable and economical strategies and solutions for the benefit of communities and the environment.
In the news
In Waste Today, Steve Simmons & Paige Davis discuss the cost of zero waste to landfill infrastructure and outline the investment needed for the nation to pursue a goal of diverting 90% of the solid waste currently going to landfill, using mechanical biological treatment technology.READ MORE »
With her interesting multifaceted background as a solid waste management consultant with a sustainable development focus, after beginning her career in the architecture and design industry, GBB Project Manager Corinne Rico discusses how the way the industry looks at building and demolition needs to be reexamined, in her Construction and Demolition Recycling magazine feature.READ MORE »
The Solid Waste Association of North America awarded Harvey Gershman, GBB Founder Owner Associate and Co-Founder, the prestigious 2019 Lawrence Lecture Award at WASTECON.
- SWANA’s Press Release
- See his Lawrence Lecture presentation (PDF file)
- Video interview (3 minutes) about his career, SWANA, and the Lawrence Lecture Award
In a 2008 Court Order, U.S. District Court Judge Frances M. Tydingco-Gatewood appointed GBB to be Receiver with full responsibility for bringing the Guam Solid Waste Management Division into compliance with the 2004 Consent Decree for violation of the Clean Water Act.
On April 29, 2019 the Court issued an Order partially ending the Receivership. In making this decision, the Court said:
“The court is very proud of the work accomplished by the Receiver over the last 11 years. The Ordot Dump has been closed, and the Receiver has installed the necessary systems to protect Guam’s waters from this environmental hazard that had plagued the island for decades. The Receiver has built a modern solid waste system for the island which includes a compliant solid waste landfill, a recycling program and a household hazardous waste disposal center.”
The Court authorized the Receiver to continue its work to complete the post-closure plan for the Ordot Dump. Click here for information about the Receivership.READ MORE »
- Associations and Authorities »
- Business & Corporate Programs »
- Business Development & Market Research »
- Circular Economy / Sustainable Park Development »
- Collection & Route Optimization »
- Commercial & Industrial Recycling »
- Composting »
- Construction Waste and Demolition Debris »
- Disaster Debris Management »
- District Energy Systems »
- Expert Witness »
- Full Cost Management »
- Landfill Services »
- Litter Surveys »
- Materials Recovery Facilities »
- Procurement Assistance »
- Public Outreach & Education »
- Residential Recycling »
- Revenue and Rate Strategies »
- Strategic Solid Waste Management Planning »
- Tires Recycling »
- Transfer Station & Disposal »
- Waste-to-Energy & Alternative Technologies »
Newsletter and Recent GBB Articles
- GBB Waste Outlook Newsletter - Fall 2019 Edition
- Steve Simmons/Paige Davis: "What Is The True Cost Of Zero Waste To Landfill Infrastructure?"
- Corinne Rico: "The Importance of Materials Recovery Coordination in Construction and Demolition"
- Ricky Phillips: "2020 Resolutions: Challenge Limits, Don’t Limit Challenges" See more articles
To save and share the best of everything you see here, download the PDF version of GBB's corporate brochure.