The FleetRoute route optimization technology is available as a service where routing is outsourced to GBB’s service bureau or as a software for in-house route management.
Getting started with route optimization projects is labor-intensive and time-consuming. On-going maintenance of the optimized routes requires trained staff dedicated to keeping your customer service and billing systems in-sync with routing. Even though the FleetRoute™ technology has a multitude of time-saving functions such as the Automatic Route Updater, many organizations choose to outsource their routing to FleetRoute™ Services. FleetRoute™ Services provides all of your routing needs within a fixed budget. There are no hidden fees.
We thrive on economies of scale. With FleetRoute™ Services, we may drastically reduce the cost of implementation by using our dedicated routing experts and secure database and network administration. The result is typically a lower cost of implementation. More importantly, it will be an implementation without surprises… on time and within budget.
Clients may use FleetRoute™ Services to get started and then transition to in-house route management. FleetRoute™ Services provides incentives for this transition by decreasing the additional cost of installing the technologies in-house.
The FleetRoute™ Route Optimization service bureau allows you to…
- Maximize the productivity of each vehicle, even if they have different operating characteristics and requirements.
- Specify the maximum and minimum number of hours, stops, capacity, dump trips and distance desired for each vehicle.
- Balance your service days and districts.
- Specify the general area of vehicle before route creation.
- Customize computer generated route configurations to meet your needs, or optimize your existing routes
- Find the closest transfer stations/landfills for each vehicle for each dump trip and allocate vehicles to the optimal depot.
- Find the closest dump points in the route within the limits of the total load.
- Find optimal locations for new facilities.
- Control the types of turns made such as minimizing U-turns, specifying cul-de-sac turn rules, etc.
FleetRoute™ gives you…
- Color driver and management maps and street-by-street, minute-by-minute driving direction reports.
- Statistical and profitability reports so you know how each route contribute to the bottom line.
- Customer change of service day lists and reports for change notification letters.
- Ad hoc mapping and analysis functions.
- An open data standard for easy integration with your customer information and accounting systems.
- A pathway for integrating route information with your corporate intranet.
“We chose FleetRoute’s service bureau to develop our routes using GIS route optimization software because this approach provided a more economic, sophisticated, and faster solution than we could develop in-house. The service bureau gave us valuable access to the FleetRoute Team’s extensive experience in waste collection and advanced route design. Using the service bureau allowed us to not worry about the methodology, but rather focus on the most beneficial routing for the City of Edmond.”
City of Edmond, OK