Title: Senior Consultant
Reports to: Vice President or other designated manager
Location: This is a position for work to be performed from either:
- A home office anywhere in the United States
- GBB’s headquarters in McLean, VA, in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
Note that GBB staff are currently primarily working virtually, from home offices, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is unknown when we will resume working at our headquarters again.
Senior Consultant will carryout and execute work from Project Managers (PM) as directed, will serve as a task manager on major components of large projects, or as a project manager of less complex projects, under the direction of a project manager and/or project director. The successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, be a self-starter, comfortable with working alone and in teams, technically proficient math, problem solving/analysis, and have superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to investigate, research, perform analysis and contribute to development of solutions and recommendations under direction and guidance. Be willing to take direction and work with Senior Management, Project Management, and other Consulting Staff to develop work product deliverables, prepare proposals and execute marketing functions.
- Perform and manage project work assignments, and marketing activities, as directed by PM or supervisor.
- Inform PM as to progress of work and discusses with PM any difficulties in accomplishing assignment and its impact on hours assigned and projected time frame.
- Refer client feedback to PM; and report needs, problems, or issues raised by client or other outside parties to PM.
- Notify PM of any scheduling problems with publications.
- Achieve direct labor utilization target and report to supervisor any problems in meeting utilization, project priority conflicts, or other related issues as soon as he/she becomes aware of them.
- Participate in professional development activities to increase knowledge and skills.
4-year Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Environmental, or Planning from an accredited U.S. College, University, or equivalent international institution. Solid waste management training or related field a plus. Graduate Degree in related field is desirable.
Five or more years of progressively responsible solid waste/environmental, science or engineering experience and must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to perform assignments.
- Relevant Skills:
- Applicant should know how to do computer-based modeling or life cycle cost estimates.
- Must demonstrate superior written and oral communication skills necessary to perform assignments.
- Preferable that applicant has demonstrated research and writing skills for one or more published papers.
- Strategic Planning experience desirable
- Comply with GBB’s policies and procedures, including submission of administrative reports, timesheets, and other company-required documents and forms on a timely basis.
- Travel, as needed, to perform assignments.
- Work off-site at client locations, as needed, to perform assignments.
- Able to work remotely with access to internet
Each staff person will normally be evaluated yearly on the following factors, as applicable, including:
- Job knowledge;
- Quality of work products;
- Cost consciousness/budget administration;
- Planning/ability to meet deadlines;
- Problem solving;
- Supervisory skills;
- Communication skills;
- Initiative/creativity; and
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to Allyson Del Rosario at GBBcareers@gbbinc.com
No phone calls please.
Criminal Background Checks will be conducted for all positions.
* Note: Positions in this category are limited based upon job availability and are subject to change and different duties may be assigned, as needed. The job description is intended to provide guidance for employees and managers, however, placement of any individual within a particular job is a managerial function and will be determined by GBB Management based upon their overall assessment of the need to maintain the efficiency of operations and to determine the personnel, methods, means, and facilities by which all operations are conducted.