Title: Project Engineer*
Reports to: Vice President or other designated manager
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (including Mechanical, Civil, Environmental, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. Other engineering disciplines will be considered depending on relevant work experience).
- Preferred: Graduate degree or higher-level course work in a related field. Registered Professional Engineer (PE) with an active PE license. (Ability to achieve a PE license within a year required).
- Experience: Three or more years of progressive experience in the design engineering, solid waste management, or energy fields. Education may be substituted for some experience but this is not an entry level position.
- Relevant Skills:
- Applicant must demonstrate knowledge of general engineering principles and designing concepts
- Must have used AutoCAD or other computer modeling experience
- Design using 2D CAD experience required, 3D experience helpful
- GIS mapping experience is a plus
- Must have intermediate Microsoft Excel skills to create and modify multiple design, cost estimating, financial and projection models
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications required
- PowerPoint and Word proven experience necessary
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in the planning and design of solid waste engineering or facilities
- This should include one or more of the following: Landfill cell system design, transfer stations, waste-to-energy facilities, recycling facilities, organics processing technology or landfill operations.
- Demonstrated experience in feasibility or financial planning for these facilities is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project feasibility analysis, cost benefit analysis and financing
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with ability to complete assignments working collectively and independently with minimal supervision
The Project Engineer will provide support to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager by assisting in the management and execution of projects. The Project Engineer will provide technical assistance and technical writing in creating reports and other outputs required for the assignment. Assignments could include project feasibility studies, system evaluations, material characterizations, design development and cost projections. Occasional site visits to working facilities may be required. Speaking engagements at trade shows are also encouraged, as are the generation of articles/papers for trade journals. Project management of smaller projects is also part of this position, as will be assisting in creating proposals, which may include participating in interviews with potential clients.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise to the project manager and clients regarding solid waste systems
- Review equipment and other aspects of proposed or current solid waste facilities with regard to functionality, safety, cost, and other factors
- Create and/or modify spreadsheet models for feasibility, projected costs, and other necessary functions depending on the needs of the project
- Create and/or modify maps and drawings using AutoCAD or other mapping software to show existing or potential systems, or to illustrate regional locations of interest
- Research data (internet or otherwise) required for the project. This could include maps, contracts, reports, costs, and other publicly available information
- Conduct on-site evaluations as needed for client and to report to the Project Manager the state of current or potential future facilities
- Continue professional and functional development in solid waste and engineering in general
- Utilize the project budget efficiently and to the level of detail necessary to fulfill the assignment while staying within the assigned budget
- Assist with defining project scopes and costs and with developing proposals
- Further the GBB brand, improve industry knowledge, and increase contacts by participation (speaking) at trade conferences and online webinars and contribution of articles to trade publications
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Gershman, Brickner & Bratton Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to GBBcareers@gbbinc.com
No phone calls please.
* Note: Positions in this category are limited based upon job availability and are subject to change and different duties may be assigned, as needed. The job description is intended to provide guidance for employees and managers, however, placement of any individual within a particular job is a managerial function and will be determined by GBB Management based upon their overall assessment of the need to maintain the efficiency of operations and to determine the personnel, methods, means, and facilities by which all operations are conducted.