GBB Career Opportunity – Consultant II
Title: Consultant II*
Reports to: Vice President or other designated manager
- Education: Bachelor's degree, graduate degree or course work in solid waste management-related field. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible relevant solid waste experience, and must have been involved as staff in planning of feasibility studies and/or procurement activities in a support role. Education will be considered and may be substituted for experience.
- Applicant should know how to do computer-based modeling or life cycle cost estimates.
- Should have provided research and writing skills for one or more published papers.
- Must demonstrate written and oral communication skills necessary to perform assignments.
- Should have participated in a waste sort.
Consultant II will assist Project Managers as directed, may serve as a task manager on major components of large projects, or as a project manager of less complex projects, under the direction of a project manager and/or project director. The successful candidate will possess a positive attitude and ability to establish and maintain client relationships, define client needs, prepare proposals and generate sale.
- Perform project work assignments, and marketing activities, as directed by Project Manager (PM) or supervisor.
- Inform PM as to progress of work and discusses with PM any difficulties in accomplishing assignment and its impact on hours assigned and projected time frame.
- Refer client feedback to PM; and report needs, problems, or issues raised by client or other outside parties to PM.
- Notify PM of any scheduling problems with Publications.
- Achieve direct labor utilization target and report to supervisor any problems in meeting utilization, project priority conflicts, or other related issues as soon as he/she becomes aware of them.
- Participate in professional development activities to increase knowledge and skills.
- Comply with GBB's policies and procedures, including submission of administrative reports, timesheets, and other company-required documents and forms on a timely basis.
- Travel, as needed, to perform assignments.
- Work off-site, as needed, to perform assignments.
Each staff person will normally be evaluated yearly on the following factors, as applicable, including:
- Job knowledge;
- Quality of work products;
- Cost consciousness/budget administration;
- Planning/ability to meet deadlines;
- Problem solving;
- Supervisory skills;
- Communication skills;
- Initiative/creativity; and
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Gershman, Brickner & Bratton Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please e-mail your résumé and cover letter to GBBcareers@gbbinc.com
No phone calls please.
* Note: Positions in this category are limited based upon job availability and are subject to change and different duties may be assigned, as needed. The job description is intended to provide guidance for employees and managers, however, placement of any individual within a particular job is a managerial function and will be determined by GBB Management based upon their overall assessment of the need to maintain the efficiency of operations and to determine the personnel, methods, means, and facilities by which all operations are conducted.