Quality • Value • Ethics • Results
For nearly 40 years, GBB has helped clients solve complex solid waste management issues by providing innovative, responsible, sustainable and economical strategies and solutions for the benefit of communities and the environment.
In the news
Despite serious interruptions to the business community, GBB remains available for your solid waste management planning needs during this difficult time.
While we must comply with local regulations and abide by travel restrictions, we continue to serve our clients remotely. As a company, we have access to most virtual meeting platforms and are accustomed to teleworking. In fact, most of the consulting services we regularly provide are completed remotely.
Be well, stay safe, and keep in touch.
READ MORE »
In Waste Dive’s in-depth article on the coronavirus-induced economic disruption, the waste and recycling industry’s adaptability, flexibility and resiliency are cited by GBB President Steve Simmons and other professionals as the driving force in keeping operations going. What’s ahead and how the pandemic will likely reshape the industry are also discussed.READ MORE »
PFAS need to be addressed by pushing for proper management both before and after the point of disposal, and remain top of mind for legislators as well as the solid waste management industry as a whole. In Waste Today, Chris Lund, P.E., provides a digest of actions and initiatives currently ongoing and upcoming on the federal level and in FL, GA, SC, NC and VA.READ MORE »
With her interesting multifaceted background as a solid waste management consultant with a sustainable development focus, after beginning her career in the architecture and design industry, Corinne Rico discusses how the way the industry looks at building and demolition needs to be reexamined, in her Construction & Demolition Recycling magazine and Waste Today feature.READ MORE »
In a 2008 Court Order, U.S. District Court Judge Frances M. Tydingco-Gatewood appointed GBB to be Receiver with full responsibility for bringing the Guam Solid Waste Management Division into compliance with the 2004 Consent Decree for violation of the Clean Water Act.
On April 29, 2019 the Court issued an Order partially ending the Receivership. In making this decision, the Court said:
“The court is very proud of the work accomplished by the Receiver over the last 11 years. The Ordot Dump has been closed, and the Receiver has installed the necessary systems to protect Guam’s waters from this environmental hazard that had plagued the island for decades. The Receiver has built a modern solid waste system for the island which includes a compliant solid waste landfill, a recycling program and a household hazardous waste disposal center.”
The Court authorized the Receiver to continue its work to complete the post-closure plan for the Ordot Dump. Click here for information about the Receivership.READ MORE »
- Associations and Authorities »
- Business & Corporate Programs »
- Business Development & Market Research »
- Circular Economy / Sustainable Park Development »
- Collection & Route Optimization »
- Commercial & Industrial Recycling »
- Composting »
- Construction Waste and Demolition Debris »
- Disaster Debris Management »
- District Energy Systems »
- Expert Witness »
- Full Cost Management »
- Landfill Services »
- Litter Surveys »
- Materials Recovery Facilities »
- Procurement Assistance »
- Public Outreach & Education »
- Residential Recycling »
- Revenue and Rate Strategies »
- Strategic Solid Waste Management Planning »
- Tires Recycling »
- Transfer Station & Disposal »
- Waste-to-Energy & Alternative Technologies »
Newsletter and Recent GBB Articles
- GBB Waste Outlook Newsletter - Fall 2019 Edition
- Chris Lund, P.E.: "Updates on PFAS Legislation"
- Steve Simmons/Paige Davis: "What Is The True Cost Of Zero Waste To Landfill Infrastructure?"
- Corinne Rico: "The Importance of Materials Recovery Coordination in Construction and Demolition" See more articles
To save and share the best of everything you see here, download the PDF version of GBB's corporate brochure.